By Amy Daniels
I remember sleeping outside as kids on warm summer nights. We would all just pack our sleeping bags outside and sleep on the lawn. Mom and Dad would always leave the back door unlocked when we did.
I also remember the A-Frame playhouse that Dad built in the backyard. (I don't know if anyone has a picture of that somewhere, but if you do, please post it here.) The A-Frame playhouse was pretty large with a main floor and then an upper loft. It was shingled on the sides and the front was completely open and the back had a window. It was also fully carpeted, if I remember correctly. I don't remember exactly when Dad built it or when it was taken down, but we spent many hours playing in it and having summer sleepovers in it as well.
On August 18, 2014, Chuck and Dianne will celebrate 60 years together. We want to honor this grand occasion over the next year by sharing memories made as a family. Please contribute by adding any memory you have of the family, doesn't have to be specific to mom & dad (grandma & grandpa). Add as much as you like and make them as short or long as you want! Think traditions, trips, girls weekends, holidays, summer nights on the patio, weddings, babies, funny stories... you get the picture! Let's remember the legacy that Chuck and Dianne have created!
Please state who is documenting the memory on the first line of the post. Thanks!
i wish that the a-frame playhouse was still there. We would love playing there and on the swings.
ReplyDeletePaige
When talking to Mom tonight, she reminded me that Steph & Dale moved the A-Frame playhouse to their home in Mapleton at some point--we couldn't quite remember exactly when. Brooke & Jamie, you'll have to fill us in on that. :)
ReplyDelete