On August 18, 2014, Chuck and Dianne will celebrate 60 years together. We want to honor this grand occasion over the next year by sharing memories made as a family. Please contribute by adding any memory you have of the family, doesn't have to be specific to mom & dad (grandma & grandpa). Add as much as you like and make them as short or long as you want! Think traditions, trips, girls weekends, holidays, summer nights on the patio, weddings, babies, funny stories... you get the picture! Let's remember the legacy that Chuck and Dianne have created!

Please state who is documenting the memory on the first line of the post. Thanks!

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Halloween Memories

by Kim Brannon
Halloween 1974 - Amy, Janet and Kim

I have fond memories of Halloween!  I remember fun times at school and then getting home, eating and going out trick or treating!  I do remember being frustrated more than once because I had to cover up my totally cool costume with a coat!  But more, I remember going out with Janet, Amy and your pseudo sister, Gaylynne Flandro, on a mission to get as much candy as possible!  Dad would always go with us.

Then, we would get home and sort all our candy.  We always made a few trades.  I also remember that my candy was always gone long before Amy and Janets.  I am sure I snuck into their stash at least a couple of times after mine was gone.

I am not sure exactly what year it was, but I do remember going trick or treating without Janet since she was home with a broken leg.  Amy and I took a bag for her and ensured she still got her stash!

Hawaii 1978 proved a memorable Halloween.  It was raining so hard on Halloween, they officially postponed it for 2-3 days.  But a lot of the kids new how to work that and went trick or treating each day!  We weren't allowed to go until it was official to celebrate after the rain stopped, but I do remember trick or treaters coming for like 3 days!

I have a journal that I had to write in during 2nd grade in Hawaii.  Here is my Halloween entry (sic):
I am going to be a gypsy.  
I am going to put on make-up.
I am going to put on jewelry.
I am going to where a pink mask.

And an entry on Halloween Safety (sic):
Halloween Safety
Check your candy before you eat it.
Be careful of what you where.
I glad that my daddy gose with me.
I feel safer to.
And see where I go.

3 comments:

  1. I don't ever remember seeing that photo before nor do I remember those costumes. I do remember Halloween in Hawaii and when Janet had a broken leg. Thanks for the fun picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture! I totally remember being Tweety Bird! Thanks for the fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Witchiepoo was the best! Loved HR Pufnstuf!

    ReplyDelete