By Lauren Hales
Having Grandma need surgery last week was not something that I was comfortable with. I am fully aware of the complications that can arise in "routine" surgery. To say I was nervous is a very big understatement.
I am so thankful that Drew was willing to take over bedtime so that after dinner I could go and sit with Grandma a couple of nights this week. We talked about everything and nothing. We watched Dancing With The Stars, Castle, and Agatha Christie. We just were.
That's why Grandma is so wonderful. You can just "be" with her. She loves us all so completely that you don't ever have to try to be something your not, or try to hide anything. You can just be. You can sit in the teeniest hospital room, in your cozies, with no make up on, and just be. You can express your fears and be calmed or your joys and be supported. You can just be.
I am so grateful that everything went as well as can be expected with her procedure. I am thankful for how strong and healthy she is. Grandma takes very good care of herself and Grandpa. That inspires me to take care of myself. I want my great grandchildren to know and love me, as much as hers do.
Thanks for letting me come sit with you Grandma. Thanks for always being the one person I can just be with. I love you so much.
On August 18, 2014, Chuck and Dianne will celebrate 60 years together. We want to honor this grand occasion over the next year by sharing memories made as a family. Please contribute by adding any memory you have of the family, doesn't have to be specific to mom & dad (grandma & grandpa). Add as much as you like and make them as short or long as you want! Think traditions, trips, girls weekends, holidays, summer nights on the patio, weddings, babies, funny stories... you get the picture! Let's remember the legacy that Chuck and Dianne have created!
Please state who is documenting the memory on the first line of the post. Thanks!
What a sweet tribute to your grandma, Lauren. You are a tender soul who loves with all your heart, and grandma Tate loves you right back. And so do I!
ReplyDeleteLauren, I loved having you there. They were special times for me. You are always so thoughtful of me.. I love youl
ReplyDeleteI know Grandma really enjoyed having you there. Grandma is definitely one of a kind! She is so incredibly special and I feel so incredibly lucky to have here! I know I have taken her health for granted, and I shouldn't. I do cherish every moment I have with her and love watching her with my kids.
ReplyDelete