On August 18, 2014, Chuck and Dianne will celebrate 60 years together. We want to honor this grand occasion over the next year by sharing memories made as a family. Please contribute by adding any memory you have of the family, doesn't have to be specific to mom & dad (grandma & grandpa). Add as much as you like and make them as short or long as you want! Think traditions, trips, girls weekends, holidays, summer nights on the patio, weddings, babies, funny stories... you get the picture! Let's remember the legacy that Chuck and Dianne have created!

Please state who is documenting the memory on the first line of the post. Thanks!

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summer Memories in the Backyard

By Kim Brannon

When I think about summers, I inevitably think about mom and dad's backyard.  There are so many memories through the years that happened in the backyard.  Usually the adults are sitting and talking on the patio while the kids play until after dark.  I use to be the kid playing and now I am the adult sitting there talking.  

2012 - kids playing red light / green light
Parker, Mckenna, Gabbie, Paige, Sarah, Anna & Jake

I am pretty sure that those talks on the patio included Becky mentioning to Coray how much she liked Krista and how he should take her out.  Yes, Janet, you actually called Krista for the first date with Coray, but I am pretty sure the backyard summer nights on the patio is where the seed was planted.

2006 -  Jake, Becky, Sarah, Janet, Steph, Anna and Mom

2006 - Janet, Steph, Dale & Jamie

The swing set is a critical piece of the backyard.  That is where we held bar gymnastics events during our summer olympics, with kerr jar lids as the medals.  I also believe it is where most of the kids learned how to swing, with the help of grandma!  It has also been location of many of family pic, but even more memories.

1999 - front row - Becky, Krista, Janet, Liz, Dad, Jamie, Kim, Lauren, Mom, Steph, Amy, Briana. Brooke, Dale & Coray
Top of the swing set - Jackson, Keaton & Sid

2010 - Paige, Gabbie & Papa Chuck

2013 - Liam, Gabbie & McKenna

2006 - Jake, Sarah & Tate

2010 - Jake, Sarah, Tate, Gabbie, Paige & Anna

  I think summer days and the backyard have created so many great memories throughout the years.  So many parties, holidays, quiet moments, creamies and popsicles and celebrations.  Truly one of my most favorites places on earth!

2002 - Jake and Steph

2012 - Paige, Gabbie, Sarah & Anna

2012 - Amy, Liam Papa Chuck, & Adam

2013 - Grandma and Liam - Not in Grandma's flowers!  LOL!

2013 - Paige, Liam, Jake, Tate & Anna

2 comments:

  1. i wish everyone was still there and the fun could go on. Let's hope that Grandma will remember to stock up on ramen noodles and all different kinds of popsicles:)

    Paige

    ReplyDelete