I have so many memories of our backyard and yard in general . . . .

The piano-shaped patio
The swingset, of course!
The round, brown, wood picnic table
The shed - filled with skis and poles
Playing:
*"Fox and Geese" after a big snowstorm. We would make paths through the snow and carve out little areas of safety. The "fox" would chase the "geese" through the paths and hopefully catch them before they were "safe."
*Red Rover
*Einee, Inee, Over (I don't know how to spell it!) Throwing a tennis ball over the roof to the team on the other side of the house.
*Wolf and egg game - if the "wolf" chose your color egg, the "wolf" would chase you
*Night games - Kick the can
Birthday parties
Family and extended family barbeques
Fashion shows
Building snowmen
Family pictures
"Laying out" with my friends - using baby oil or water to enhance the tanning experience. Boy, how times have changed!
Edging the grass every Spring
Painting the fence
Hanging out with those I love most in the world!
It seems like I rarely came in and out of the house through the front door after mom and dad converted the garage to the family room. And I still don't!
No comments:
Post a Comment