On August 18, 2014, Chuck and Dianne will celebrate 60 years together. We want to honor this grand occasion over the next year by sharing memories made as a family. Please contribute by adding any memory you have of the family, doesn't have to be specific to mom & dad (grandma & grandpa). Add as much as you like and make them as short or long as you want! Think traditions, trips, girls weekends, holidays, summer nights on the patio, weddings, babies, funny stories... you get the picture! Let's remember the legacy that Chuck and Dianne have created!

Please state who is documenting the memory on the first line of the post. Thanks!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Happy 80th Birthday, Mom!

by Kim Brannon

So, I don't think many people will argue with me when I say that I was a total brat when I was younger.  And I mean a TOTAL brat!  So, it is no wonder that my siblings often got frustrated with me and told me what a brat I was.  But mom would always step in and defend me, telling everyone, "Kim is not a brat!  You guys be nice to her!"  Then when everyone else would leave, she would look at me and say,
"Please, Kim, don't make me a liar."


While I would like to think that I have grown out of my brattiness, at least for the most part, one thing that hasn't changed is my mom's constant love and support for me!  She has been there for me for 42 years, through thick and thin, good and bad... believing in me when I needed it the most.  I haven't made it easy, I know that.  But I try everyday to prove my mom was right about me and to make her proud!

Happy Birthday, Mom!  
And thank you for being the absolute best mom that I could ever hope for!

Love you!

2 comments: