On August 18, 2014, Chuck and Dianne will celebrate 60 years together. We want to honor this grand occasion over the next year by sharing memories made as a family. Please contribute by adding any memory you have of the family, doesn't have to be specific to mom & dad (grandma & grandpa). Add as much as you like and make them as short or long as you want! Think traditions, trips, girls weekends, holidays, summer nights on the patio, weddings, babies, funny stories... you get the picture! Let's remember the legacy that Chuck and Dianne have created!

Please state who is documenting the memory on the first line of the post. Thanks!

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

First Time Meeting Chuck & Dianne

By Tyler Daniels

My memory of Chuck & Dianne is when I first met them. Amy and I had met in December on our first official date. Then about 2 weeks later, which was New Year's, we had our second date. (She was living in SLC and I was in Boise, so we were doing the long distance thing.) On January 1st I had the chance to have lunch and meet her parents for the first time at Chevy's. But not only did I get to meet them but also 3 of Amy's sisters: Stephanie, Becky and Kim. (I had already met Becky because Amy lived with her at the time.) So no added pressure for this lunch, trying to answer their questions, trying to impress them as much as I could, and most of all not making a complete fool of myself.

Lunch went well, as that was almost 23 years ago. Chuck and Dianne have always made me feel welcome and part of the family and I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them and the whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment