On August 18, 2014, Chuck and Dianne will celebrate 60 years together. We want to honor this grand occasion over the next year by sharing memories made as a family. Please contribute by adding any memory you have of the family, doesn't have to be specific to mom & dad (grandma & grandpa). Add as much as you like and make them as short or long as you want! Think traditions, trips, girls weekends, holidays, summer nights on the patio, weddings, babies, funny stories... you get the picture! Let's remember the legacy that Chuck and Dianne have created!

Please state who is documenting the memory on the first line of the post. Thanks!

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Retirement in 1994

By Amy Daniels

Mom and Dad were always supportive of me and my ideas. When I wanted to backpack around Europe with friends in 1988, they totally supported me. When I wanted to go to Maine and teach at a youth camp during the summer of 1989, again complete support. When I decided to move to Maine after I graduated from BYU in 1993, Dad drove out with me (and I am sure he paid for gas and hotels along the way). And when I moved back to Utah two years later, he did the same thing.


I was so excited when they retired in 1994 and came to Maine for two months. I found an old but beautiful home in Friendship that they rented for $500/month. They drove the green Caprice Classic all the way out to Maine and didn’t stop once they got there. They explored all over Maine and also ventured to the Canadian provinces of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. And they invited me to come along with them on a weekend trip to Old Quebec City. I honestly didn’t even know anything about Quebec before we went, but we had such a fun weekend there! It was absolutely beautiful!





Janet, Kim and Uncle George also came out to visit when Mom & Dad were in Maine. When they were there, we drove to Boston, Plymouth (saw replicas of the Mayflower and village) and many places in Maine. We also spent time with the Wieluns family, too. Kim’s favorite part was eating lobster. 😉🦞 Other memories include many games of Celebrity Password, listening to Dan Fogelberg, and laughing so much!






No comments:

Post a Comment